List Of Universities With Worst Professors & Rensselaer Made The List
The Center for College Affordability and Productivity did a study on Universities and the professors to find who had the best and who the had the worst. The education think-tank pulled millions of teacher ratings from RateMyProfessors.com*. What did they find?
650 colleges and universities were evaluated to compile the list for Forbe’s Magazine. Schools in the Midwest & East Coast have some of the worst ratings. No schools from the South made the list. It should also be noted that 16 of the 25 on the list are public universities.
Of the Top 25, 3 schools are from New York State. Take pride Rensselaer, you made the Top 10!
See the list below:
Universities with the worst professors:
1. U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (NY)
2. Michigan Technological University
3. U.S. Coast Guard Academy (CT)
4. Milwaukee School of Engineering
5. New Jersey Institute of Technology
6. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (NY)
7. Widener University (PA)
8. St. Cloud University (MN)
9. Bentley University (MA)
10. Indiana State University
11. Worcester Polytechnic Institute (MA)
12. Central Michigan University
13. Minnesota State University, Mankato
14. Pace University (NY)
15. Stevens Institute of Technology (NJ)
16. Seton Hall University (NJ)
17. Westminster College (PA)
18. Howard University (DC)
19. Iowa State University
20. University of Toledo (OH)
21. Truman State University (MO)
22. Illinois State University
23. University of Connecticut
24. Oregon Institute of Technology
25. University of Maryland
* RateMyProfessors.com is a website that students use to rate their professor on a 5-point scale using three criteria: helpfulness, clarity and easiness. From there an average between helpfulness and clarity create an overall score for the professor and all 4 scores are view-able on the site.