Tropical Storm Irene Effecting Traffic Around the Albany Area [UPDATE]
Hurricane Irene is causing some big time traffic problems around our area right now. Downed trees and flooding has several roads around our area closed.
If you are planning on hitting the road today, you may want to think twice. The Governor has asked that anyone that isn’t an emergency vehicle to stay off the roads today in order to keep things moving and efficient. Flooding around the region is making commuting a bit of a mess already.
- Rt 5 is closed in both directions in Albany between Frost Place and Yardboro Ave until 12am due to flooding.
- Rt 20, Western Ave closed in both directions due to flooding at Fuller Rd
- Adirondack Northway Extension northbound from Western Avenue; US 20 to City of Albany; Town of Guilderland Line closed to traffic until 12:00 PM
- flooding on I-87 – NYS Thruway southbound between Exit 22 (I-87) – Selkirk (Rte 396) and Exit 23 (I-87) – Albany Downtown (I-787 – Rte 9W) for the next hour.
- NY 146A closed to traffic, in both directions from Vischer Ferry Road; CR 90; NY 146 to Kinns Road; CR 109 until 5:00 PM due to fallen trees, downed power lines
- Rte 146 is closed btwn Nott Rd and Waite Rd due to trees and wires down.
- NY 146 in both directions at Schoharie-Albany County Line due to flooding
We’ll keep you updated as the day goes on, but once again if you don’t have to be on the roads stay off of them to give the emergency personal the ability to get places as quickly as they can.