The 2012 Grammy’s Rock Preview: Nominations And Performances
It's that time of year of year again! The time for celebrities, musicians and Hollywood starlets to walk the red carpet in their lavish garments and expensive hair-do's and accessories in the hopes of taking home a gold phonograph. I'm talking about the Grammy's of course! The annual music award show premieres this Sunday, February 12 at 8 o' clock. Read on to find out all of this year's rock music nominees and performances.
This year's Grammy's, which will be broadcast via CBS, will take place at the Los Angeles Staples Center. LL Cool J will be hosting, and a number of presenters and performers will be taking the stage as well. There will be a total of 78 awards given this year, which has changed from years prior, which gave out 109 awards. Some categories have been removed, and others have been renamed or consolidated.
The following artists will be performing at the 2012 Grammy's:
- Kim Burrell, Le'Andria Johnson, Kelly Price and Trin-I-Tee 5:7
- Joyce DiDonato
- Steve Earle
- Rebirth Brass Band
The following categories and nominees will be the focus of the Grammy's:
General Music Categories:
Record of the Year:
Album of the Year:
Song of the Year:
Best New Artist:
Individual Rock Music Categories:
- Best Rock Performance
- "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" – Coldplay
- "Down By the Water" – The Decemberists
- "Walk" – Foo Fighters
- "The Cave" – Mumford & Sons
- "Lotus Flower" – Radiohead
- Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance
- "On the Backs of Angels" – Dream Theater
- "White Limo" – Foo Fighters
- "Curl of the Burl" – Mastodon
- "Public Enemy No. 1" – Megadeth
- "Blood in My Eyes" – Sum 41
- Best Rock Song
- Best Rock Album
- Rock 'n' Roll Party (Honoring Les Paul) – Jeff Beck
- Wasting Light – Foo Fighters
- Come Around Sundown – Kings of Leon
- I'm With You – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Whole Love– Wilco
In addition, there will be five special merit awards presented: The MusiCares Person of the Year, the President's Merit Award, the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, the Grammy Trustees Award and the Technical Grammy Award. The winner for the MusiCares Person of the Year has already been chosen- congratulations to Paul McCartney!
To view the entire list of categories, nominees and presenters, go here.
Do you agree with this year's rock nominees? Who did you want to see on the list?