Man Thaws Pipes With Blowtorch, Starts Fire
Let's face facts; it's flipping cold in the Capital Region as of late. Below Zero temperatures have caused some major problems for home owners including frozen pipes.
This is the time of year where you hear of people trying not-so-smart things to thaw out their pipes to get the water flowing again. Please note, most of these ideas are not good and can result in some major damage - Like this gentleman from Pittsfield, Ma.
He attempted to thaw his pipes using a blow torch. Well, that started a fire Thursday afternoon in the man's home. According to officials, he accidentally lit combustibles.
The man, thankfully, was able to put out the fire and the only injury occurred in the incident was a firefighter who had a cut on his head.