Ignited Flare at Soundwave Festival Leaves Female Fan With Serious Burns
The Sydney stop of Australia’s Soundwave Festival was marred Sunday (Feb. 24) by an audience member who decided to let off a flare that set off a fire during Bring Me the Horizon‘s performance. One female fan in particular suffered serious burns on her forearm after she was struck by debris from the flare.
According to the Daily Telegraph, the audience member set off a magnesium flare in the moshpit, with police reporting that a burnt piece of plastic fell on the woman causing the burns. She was rushed to the hospital where she underwent emergency surgery.
Meanwhile, Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah took to Twitter to voice his displeasure at the incident. He stated, “Dear piece of s— who lit the flare in the BMTH pit: Tonight you seriously burned and disfigured a young girl. I hope you f—ing get yours. If we catch anyone w/flares you’ll not only be evicted/arrested, I’ll dedicate every iota of energy and money I can muster to ruin your life. If anyone can correctly identify this son of a b—-, I will shower you with so much tickets, backstage and cash you won’t know what to do. If you see anyone with a lit flare please take their photo and tweet me so I can hand to police.”
Maddah would later tweet in response to a question about the injured fan, “Poor little thing is really hurt. Massive awful burn on her forearm. I am devastated for her. :(”
Shortly after his Twitter rant, Maddah posted, “Thank you twitterverse. We now have images of this jerk from multiple angles. Hopefully we can post ASAP and get him identified.” At press time, there was no confirmation of the person who lit the flare being caught.
Watch Video Footage of Bring Me the Horizon’s Soundwave Performance
Subscribe to Q103 on