5 Fun Facts About Presidents
Although yesterday was observed as President’s Day, it was today that our 1st President was born, and Honest Abe’s was on the 12th. Too bad they figured out a way to jam them both into one holiday huh? Regardless, in honor of the holiday I found a few funny tidbits about some of our leaders.
• John Quincy Adams had a pet alligator.
• Woodrow Wilson kept sheep to trim the White House lawn.
• Benjamin Harrison was so afraid of electric lights that he used to have White House staff turn them on and off.
• Warren G. Harding once was accused of losing all the White House china gambling.
• John Quincy Adams loved to skinny dip in the Potomac River.
The one that’s most entertaining to me is the accusation of Harding gambling away White House china. I don’t know if it was based on a big poker hand, or perhaps a round of golf. But either way, it would have been fun to be there and see how that one went down!