Here Is The Most Beautiful Place In Each County
This had to be a difficult list for NYUP to compile. The immense history of New York State had to make this really hard.
NYUP made a list with the most beautiful places in New York, one per county. However, I have one huge gripe with it. Let's get into the list. Then I will discuss my gripe with one of the Capital Region counties.
- Albany County: State Capitol Building
- Columbia County: Olana
- Fulton County: Kane Mountain Fire Tower
- Montgomery County: Mohawk River
- Rensselaer County: Albany Yacht Club
- Saratoga County: Yaddo Gardens
- Schenectady County: Plotter Kill Preserve
- Schoharie County: Vroman's Nose
- Warren County: Lake George
- Washington County: Black Mountain
Okay. Most of these are beyond true. Like Saratoga County and Yaddo Gardens. But Albany Yacht Club? Really? Rensselaer County has far more beautiful things than Albany Yacht Club. Come on! I will say Downtown Troy. Oakwood Cemetery. Anything, but a yacht club with a bad view of Albany? No.
More from NYUP listed here.