Fire Closes Capital Region Area School for a Week
A Sunday fire has closed an area school for a week.
According to The Daily Gazette, Ballston Spa Middle School will be closed all this week due to a Sunday fire that damaged the school's mechanical systems and controls. A floor cleaning machine battery caused the fire, and officials announced today (Monday) that the school will be closed all week while contractors repair the damage. The fire dameged the school's mechanical room which controls electricity, heating, and plumbing. School spokesperson Stuart Williams said it would not be possible to accommodate the roughly 1,000 students at another location, therefore the closing. "We know they can't be in there until next Monday", he said. This comes two weeks before the students are scheduled to be out for the weeklong winter break.
I'm willing to bet there there are a lot of kids looking forward to this unexpected time off.