What Did You Do For Earth Day?
Yesterday was Earth Day. Did you do anything special? I did not, but am still proud of myself for not eating any meat as it was also Good Friday. Here’s a few tips to help give a little more love to our beautiful Mother Earth.
• Turn off water as you’re brushing your teeth.
• Fix your leaky toilet – it can waste 200 gallons of water a day.
• Drink tap water so you won’t need and use the packaging for a plastic bottle.
• To conserve water, use low-flow showerheads. The old-fashioned showerhead will cause you to waste 25-hundred more gallons of water per year.
• Taking shorter showers helps Mother Earth. Keeping showers under 15 minutes will reduce water usage.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people leave the water running the entire time they brush their teeth. That’s just plain stupid. If you’re doing that, please stop. I like the idea of not buying bottle water, but would recommend getting a Brita filter instead of drinking tap water.