Plaxico Burress Becomes a Bookworm
Plaxico Burress is well known for being several things, such as a Super Bowl champion, perhaps you may know him as an ex-con, but would you ever thought Plax would become – an avid reader? Burress recently fessed up to being a bookworm and his reading list may surprise you.
Yahoo Sports’ Ben Maller wrote an article on the new habit that the Jets’ WR has carried over since his days in prison on a gun charge. Burress spent 20 months in a correctional facility and Maller quotes him saying “Ever since I went to prison and in my spare time, I try to read as much as I can. Having a lot of time, I found something that became something I love to do. And that’s gather information through reading, expanding my knowledge”. Plax’s reading list according to Maller:
• “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu.
• “Uncommon” by former Colts coach Tony Dungy.
• “Freedom,” by Jonathan Franzen
• “The Autobiography of Malcolm X”
• “The Blind Side,” by Michael Lewis
• “The Alchemist,” by Paul Coelho
• “The Alchemyst,” by Michael Scott.
• “The 50th Law” by 50 Cent and Robert Greene
• “Gates of Fire” by Steven Pressfield
Great to see Plax has picked up a good habit as he tries to turn his life back to normal. Are you as shocked as I am? What do you think about his list of books?