Partners Announced For Season 12 Of DWTS
Last week I blogged about the announcement of season 12's "Dancing with the Stars" celebrity line-up. This past weekend it was announced who each celebrity will be paired with. Each star is coupled with a professional dancer, but only time will tell if they bring out the best in the celebrity, or whether they will fall, possibly literally.
The confirmed celebrity/dancer match-up's are as follows:
- Model Petra Nemcova & Dmitry Chaplin- Chaplin was first discovered by America when he was on "So You Think You Can Dance." He was also on seasons eight and nine of DWTS.
- Actress Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy- Chmerkovskiy is a dance champion, choreographer and instructor, and was on season two of DWTS.
- Playboy model and TV personality Kendra Wilkinson & Louis Van Amstel- Van Amstel is a 12-time dance champion and Emmy-nominated choreographer. He has been on DWTS five times prior to season 12.
- Radio DJ "Psycho" Mike Catherwood & Lacey Schwimmer- Schwimmer appeared on season three of SYTYCD and came in fourth place. She has been on DWTS before, and third place was the closest she got to a win.
- Actor Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff- Smirnoff has appeared on DWTS every season since the third, and made her Broadway debut in 2009 with the show Burn the Floor.
- Ex-boxer Sugar Ray Leonard & Anna Trebunskaya- Trebunskaya has been on DWTS several times before and finished in second place in season 10.
- Former pro-wrestler Chris Jericho & Cheryl Burke- Burke has been a regular on DWTS for many seasons, and is the only one to appear in the finals four times, two of which ended in wins.
- Actress Chelsea Kane Staub & Mark Ballas- Ballas has appeared on DWTS seven times before, and is the only male pro-dancer to win the championship twice.
- Pittsburgh Steeler's wide receiver Hines Ward & Kym Johnson- Johnson returns to DWTS for the fifth time this season, and holds the winning crown for season two under her belt, or rather her, um, dress?
- Actor, rapper and basketball player Romeo Miller & Chelsie Hightower- Hightower made her big television debut on a prior season of SYTYCD, and quickly became a favorite. She has been on DWTS a few times before, but never won. I personally love her and wish her good luck this season!
- Talk show host Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani- Dovolani has appeared on DWTS prior to season 12, and came in third twice, but never won.
The 2-hour premier of Season 12 of Dancing with the Stars airs on Monday, March 21 at 8 pm on ABC.