New Laws Coming For NY In 2019
With the clock ticking down on 2018, let's take a gander at some of the things that will be changing in New York for 2019.
Now, most of these things are things we have been waiting for the entire year. You may have seen one of our posts earlier in the week detailing minimum wage raising. This is one of those things. Here are a few more.
- Drug Take Back Act requiring pharmacies to take back old or excess prescriptions.
- Changing Tables in Public Restrooms
- Body Scanners In Prisons
- Disability Benefits For Volunteer Firemen with Cancer
- Wage Theft Hotline to report employers not obeying to rising minimum wage.
- Added Testing for Newborns
- Free Prostate Screenings
- Rebates For Property Taxes Increased
These are just a few things NYUP has reported we will see for 2019. This is a year where we may very well see marijuana legalized also like many of our neighboring states.
Check out NYUP here for full info on the list above.