Movies You Can’t Pass Up
There are always those movies that pop on TV that you just can’t turn away from. I have a few of mine, and I’m sure you feel the same way about these.I have discovered that a number of movies that I simply can’t turn away from are starring Will Smith. Not that I’m obsessed with the dude or anything, but he makes some awesome movies. Independence Day, I-Robot, I Am Legend and that’s just to name a few. So your sitting at home and you turn past a channel and see that you have only missed the first 10 minutes or so of Con Air. Well, now I’m on board for however long this network decides to show this weather it be 3 or 4 hours. Nick Cage is another one who can lock you in. It’s just certain movies, and usually it will occupy your afternoon. It’s usually the disaster type movies that grab my attention. And no, I don’t care if I know the outcome and have seen it over 100 times because this time it might be different!
So I have 10 of these movies, a top 10 of sorts. Just remember that this is my own personal list. I almost guarantee that most of you have these movies on your list too. At least one or two anyway.
10. National Treasure: The whole concept of the movie is so cool. Hidden treasures around the world and secret societies. Sign me up! Jerry Bruckheimer is really good at stealing your attention and he does exactly that in this Nick Cage production. Bad actor or not, I love the plot.
9. The Patriot: It’s one of Mel Gibbson’s best performances. This one pulls on so many emotional strings its hard not to look away. Inspirational moment, after inspirational moment I am locked in. Plus once you take away two of Gibbson’s sons he is bound to be angry and god help the man who stands in his way. What an awesome film.
8. I Am Legend: My first of the Will Smith films I can’t resist. Dude is totally isolated and kicking some sort of zombie ass. Just when you think he is going to be safe he does the ultimate for mankind, self sacrifice. You don’t have a heart if you don’t get a bit misty eyed when he loses his only friend, his dog.
7. Back To The Future: Hey McFly, McFly! What a classic movie. Michael J. Fox, Crispin Glover, Christopher Lloyd and the rest of the cast made this such a great film. I mean the Johnny B Good scene totally makes the movie. Plus Marty dodging Biff. Love it, and who doesn’t?
6. The Mummy: I know most of America hates Brendan Fraser, but this is one of my favorites. Besides that a bit corny humor mixed in with some kick ass mummy battles is fine by me. I only wish we got to see Rachel Weisz dress a little sexier. Hey besides that, throw some sort of epic quest in there and you got me hooked.
5. I-Robot: Will Smith blockbuster #2! I-Robot is another one of those ones where once you start it up, you need to watch until it ends. Robots attacking people, a plot to destroy the world and Will Smith once again playing a cop who takes no BS. If we ever become that dependent on robots I think I may find a place in the woods off the grid.
4. Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade: My favorite from the Indy saga. Harrison Ford and Sean Connery on an epic adventure to find the holy grail. Watch out for Nazi’s though, because they are always trying to ruin the fun.
3. Con Air: Yet another Nick Cage movie that I can’t look away from. Look at the cast of this movie. Ving Rhames, John Malkovich and John Cusack. Cameron Poe may have the worst southern accent of all time, but I’ll be damed if I don’t tune in for the entire 4 hours they seem to show this one.
2. Armageddon: Probably the best thing that Michael bay has ever done. Take a bunch of nobody’s and throw them in a space to be the last hope for mankind. Humor, drama, action, and the always hot Liv Tyler it has everything that I want in a movie. Plus it gets me every time Bruce Willis stays behind to save the day. Who doesn’t love this one? It also happened to give Aerosmith their biggest hit of all time.
1. Independence Day: Hey I told you I loved me some Will Smith. Welcome to Earth! This is possibly one of the best movies of all time. Oscar worthy? Maybe not, but I don’t know one person who isn’t inspired by Bill Pullmans speech. Now I have to throw up two clips for this one because there is just too much greatness to overlook.
I do have to give an honorable mention to Remember The Titans. I do love a good story of a racially integrated school bonding over soul music and football. Plus, Denzel Washington is just so damn cool.