Most Searched Thanksgiving Recipes Online
Thanksgiving is fast approaching, and if you are cooking you either know what you are doing or are scrambling to figure things out. Lucky for us we live in an age where you can find anything online, including great recipes for all the thanksgiving fixings in the world. It's strange to see people searching for things that are such a staple, but not everyone can be Gordon Ramsay. So here are some easy recipes for thanksgiving including my Grandmother's sure to please stuffing/dressing recipe.
The classic thanksgiving dessert is pumpkin pie, a fall classic. Apple pie lovers probably disagree, but to me it's not thanksgiving without some pumpkin pie. So here is an easy pumpkin recipe that everyone is sure to love.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk Directions
-Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
-Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
– Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.)
Personally, I am a fan of the jellied stuff that comes in a can. Some people like to go that extra mile though and make some classic stuff from scratch. This is easier than you think.
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the orange juice. Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
I have never been a fan of yams, or sweet potatoes but I know that a lot of people are. It's probably why they are one of the most searched items on the net this time of year.
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
-Place sweet potatoes in a medium baking dish. Distribute butter pieces evenly over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Layer with miniature marshmallows.
-Cover and bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and marshmallows have melted.
Every time someone uses Stove Top boxed stuffing on Thanksgiving, a pilgrim cries. You have to go home made on this one guys and I am willing to give you my own family recipe this holiday season. You'll thank me later. Now this is my Grandmother's recipe so it's measurements aren't like you would see in a cookbook.
- 1 loaf of bread (rip it up)
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons of Bells Seasoning
- 1 roll of Jimmy Dean sausage
-Cook the sausage fully. Remove from the pan then cook the celery and onions till soft.
-Combine all ingredients in a pan. Mix together thoroughly. Only add enough water to moisten the bread and make sure everything is mixed well.
-Stuff your bird, and cook the rest in the oven for about 25 minutes until brown and crispy on the top.
Green Bean Casserole
This has become one of my favorite Thanksgiving/holiday side dishes. Even if you hate vegetables, you will love this. It's the most searched for thanksgiving recipe on the web, so here it is.
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups cooked cut green beans
- 2 2/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups onions in 3-qt. casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 min. or until hot. Stir.
- Top with remaining onions. Bake for 5 min. more.