Make-A-Wish ‘Wishes In Flight Campaign’
You can help grant a wish for a local child with a life-threatening medical condition, simply by donating airline miles. Make-A-Wish Northeast New York grants around 100 wishes each year, and most involve air travel. Your donation of airline miles through Wishes in FlightSMcan help make those wishes come true. See details at http://www.neny.wish.org or call the chapter office at 782-4673.
You hold the ticket to a child’s wishSM
- Every year Make-A-Wish Northeast New York grants approximately 100 wishes, many of which are travel wishes and require air transportation.
- Nearly 70 percent of the wishes granted nationwide by Make-A-Wish last year included air travel for families to reach their wish destinations. It’s estimated that as many as 2.5 billion donated airline miles are needed to provide wish travel for wish kids and their families each year.
- You can donate your unused frequent flyer miles you have earned from Delta, United or US Airways to Make-A-Wish Northeast New York to be used to purchase plane tickets for wishes requiring air travel for local children with life-threatening illnesses.
- Donating air miles through the Make-A-Wish Wishes in FlightSMprogram is easy – and the miles never expire once they’re in the Foundation’s account.
- With the rising cost of air travel, your support is essential to making wishes of local children come true.
- Frequent flyer miles are a benefit that many people don’t collect on, now is the time to use your miles to make a difference in the life of a child.
- Log onto Make-A-Wish Northeast New York’s website or on Facebook , or Twitter page or call 518-782-4673 to donate your miles.