Jen’s Top Five Michael Jackson Songs [VIDEOS]
Today marks the three-year anniversary of the King of Pop and music legend Michael Jackson‘s untimely death, and to commemorate his amazing talent and musical genius I have put together my top five favorite songs. I grew up listening to him and my dad and I were big fans and always wanted to see him live. Even though that didn’t happen we still have the gift of his music that has touched the entire world in one way or another. Enjoy!
5. “Thriller” – 1982- A classic before I was even born, this song showcased what Michael was made of and capable of. A brilliant video that just happens to have dancing zombies is reason enough to be one of my favorites.
4. “Beat It” – 1982- Another record-breaker in the same year for the young artist- enough said.
3. “Dirty Diana” -1988- A kick ass song that could very possibly make some girls wish their name was Diana.
2. “Smooth Criminal” – 1987- One of my all-time favorites and a song that has been covered, its creepy-but-awesome lyrics are right up my alley and the music and MJ’s dance moves give it the full effect.
1. “Give In To Me” – 1991- This is not only my favorite song by MJ, but the video features Slash! No matter how many times I watch this I still get goosebumps. I was only three at the time, but what I would’ve done to be there to see these two perform together would most likely be illegal.
What’s your favorite Michael Jackson song?
RIP MJ- 1958-2009 <3