Hillshire Farms Chicken Sausage Lets You Eat Healthy And Like A Man
A lot of us are looking for healthy alternatives to some of our favorite foods. Hillshire Farms has some awesome healthy alternatives, that won’t make you look like a puny little girly-man.
The line of gourmet sausage from Hillshire Farms is super tasty. My fiance and I bought some of their smoked apple chicken sausage on a whim, going for something different to break up the classic chicken or fish we try and eat as healthy alternatives. If you are a dude like me, who loves a juicy burger or steak, then I highly recommend you try this.
Sure, the chicken sausage is going to be a little bit different than traditional smoked sausage, but the flavor and texture is awesome. My fiance is always suggesting recipes for us to try, and this particular one that I am going to share with you is one of my new favorite meals.
Chicken Apple Gouda Smoked Sausage with Rice
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm® Gourmet Creations® Chicken Smoked Apple Gouda Premium Sausage Links
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups prepared wild or brown rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons candied pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. Cut sausage into 1/2″ pieces. Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add sausage and peppers; cook, stirring frequently 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add chicken broth, and cinnamon to skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in prepared wild rice, cranberries and green onion. Cook until heated through. Sprinkle with nuts, just before serving, if desired.
The whole thing takes about 10 minutes to make, and I made some changes to it. I left out the nuts and the cranberry’s, and instead of using green onions, i just diced up some Spanish onion that I had laying around the house. If you are looking for a simple dinner, that is also a healthy alternative, then I highly suggest this. You won’t regret it.