Guilty Pleasure Songs
You know those songs that come on, and if you are alone you’ll crank it up. If you’re not, you change it as quick as possible before you start to get a look from your buddies. We all have them, and we know every single word. So you’re driving along, listening to the radio – maybe your iPod – and a catchy pop song comes on that you know doesn’t go with you’re image but you can’t help but love it. Pauly D from Jersey Shore just recently admitted he is a fan of Justin Bieber, him and a bunch of 12 year old girls. It took guts for him to come out and admit that. We all have a few songs we are ashamed to love. They are usually the exact opposite of what we would normally listen to. I have a ton of these, and guilty of buying most them on itunes so I can hear them whenever I want. So here some of my guilty pleasure songs, what are some of yours?
10. Kelly Clarkson-Behind These Hazel Eyes: It was hard for me to pick just one from miss Clarkson, mainly because I would consider her a guilty pleasure artist for me. You can occasionally catch me rocking this tune.
9. NSYNC- Bye, Bye, Bye: You have to admit that this song isn’t that bad. For a boy band tune, it has a pretty sick beat. It’s hard not getting sucked into this one. From the moment I hear JTimb come in with that opening “Hey Heyyy” the volume is up. Don’t hate on it, because you know you’re loving it too.
8. Lady Gaga-Poker Face: Freak? Yes, but it doesn’t stop this song from pretty damn awesome. Say what you will about Gaga, but she can write a good catchy tune. It’s hard to not get one of her hooks stuck in you’re head. Poker Face is definitely my favorite though. Another thing about her is that she is a great singer and piano player. Look up some of her old stuff on you tube.
7. Leona Lewis-Bleeding Love: To make the fact that I love this song even worse, I started loving it by watching a guilty pleasure show, So You Think You Can Dance. She is Englands version of Mariah Carey, and can belt out some lyrics. This one is super catchy.
6. Backstreet Boys-Larger Than Life: Sad to say but this is just the first of two BSB songs on this list. What can I say, I’m a child of the 90’s and grew up hearing this stuff.
5. Bee Gees-How Deep Is You’re Love: First off I am a huge fan of the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. It’s so underrated and so are the Bee Gees. Those guys could write an awesome song and are still active in the industry.
4. Katy Perry-I Kissed A Girl: Besides the song being about every mans fantasy, I can’t help but rock out to it. Katy Perry is smoking hot too. Enough said.
3. Mariah Carey-Fantasy: Catchy, bubble gum pop and I can’t get enough. Mariah Carey was all over the place so it was hard to escape her. This one has been forever embedded into my head, and I’m ok with it.
2. Backstreet Boys-I Want It That Way: Ok, you got me, I’m a fan of the Backstreet Boys. It is hard to admit, but I do enjoy when this one comes on. Could you ask for a more perfect pop song? Plus I dare one of you to tell me you don’t know at least the opening lyrics to this one.
1. Miley Cyrus-Party In The USA: Yup, this is my number one guilty pleasure song. It knocked I Want It That Way out of the top spot back in 2009 when I heard it so often from my girlfriends younger siblings. I am guilty of knowing every single word and am not ashamed of it. I may not even change it if it came on in my car and you were in it. And the Jay Z song was on, and the Jay Z song was on.