Empire State Plaza Ice Rink Opening Postponed Until Dec. 7
A staple for many families during the holiday season, the Empire State Plaza ice rink was scheduled to open this Friday but that has been pushed back due to the forecasted weather.
For those wishing to attended the official opening day; mark down Saturday, December 7 at 11 a.m. – weather permitting. The rink will then be open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Skating is always free and rentals will be $3 for children and $4 for adults.
If you signed up for the Learn To Skate clinics set for Nov. 30, please note those are cancelled, if you would like to reschedule. Those who registered are asked to reschedule their clinics for sometime later in the season, dates and times below.
Upcoming Rink Events:
- Saturday, November 30, 9 – 11 a.m. — Learn-to-Skate Clinic
- Sunday, December 8, 3 – 8 p.m. — New York State Holiday Tree Lighting and Fireworks Festival. Tree lighting, staged program and fireworks 5:15 – 6 p.m. The rink will be closed during the fireworks and will re-open afterward with live music playing for skaters. All festival events will take place outside this year.
- Friday, December 13, 6 – 8 p.m. — Holiday Rock and Skate.
- Friday, December 20, 6 – 8 p.m. — Holiday Rock and Skate.
- Saturday, December 28, 9 – 11a.m. — Learn-to-Skate Clinic
- Saturday, January 25, 9 – 11a.m. — Learn-to-Skate Clinic
- Friday, February 14, 6 – 8 p.m. — Valentine’s Day Rock and Skate.
- Saturday, February 22, 9 – 11a.m. — Learn-to-Skate Clinic
- Saturday, March 8 – 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Hannaford Kidz Expo