Duran Duran Are Suing Their Own Fan Club
Duran Duran, seen here looking like they probably aren’t strapped for cash, are suing their fan club management company for $40,000 over alleged breach of contract.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports that the ’80s icons reportedly entered into an agreement in 2010 with Chicago-based Worldwide Fan Clubs — a company that manages and monetizes fan clubs for celebrities — to have the organization sell and store merchandise, maintain accurate fan club records and collect membership fees.
According to the lawsuit, the band was supposed to receive 75 percent of the profits while Worldwide Fan Clubs would keep the remaining 25 percent.
Duran Duran claims the company failed to keep accurate records and didn’t make revenue payments.
Check out the band during less litigious times in their video for ‘All You Need is Now.’
Subscribe to Q103 on