Delays and Closures Effecting Albany Area Traffic
Even though Tropical Storm Irene has moved on, she has left quite the path of destruction behind for us to clean up. It is causing some major traffic problems across the Capital Region, which could make commuting this morning just a little bit trickier. Here is a list of road closures from around our area.
Be aware this morning that there are many road closures this morning due to flooding and downed trees. Please try and follow posted detours in order to give the crews the time they need to clean up the roadways.
- Freemans Bridge Road in both directions from Maxon Road to City of Schenectady; Town of Glenville Line; Ramp due to flooding
- closed to traffic, flooding on Glenridge Road at Maple Avenue Extension; CR 2
- 787 North exit 4 off ramp is closed due to flooding, use exit 2
- closed, flooding on I-88 in both directions from Exit 22 – NY 145 to Exit 24
- exit ramp closed, entrance ramp closed on I-890 in both directions from Exit 2; NY 337; Campbell; Rice Road to Exit 5; Broadway due to flooding
- NY 10 from NY 165 to Town of Sharon; Town of Seward Line due to flooding
- closed to traffic, flooding on NY 136 in both directions at Winter Street
- closed to traffic, flooding on NY 146 in both directions at Schoharie-Albany County Line
- closed to traffic on NY 161 from CR 129; Hughes Road to Fort Hunter Road – Minaville Road due to flooding
- closed to traffic on NY 2 in both directions from Congress Street Bridge; Albany-Rensselaer County Line to Massachusetts State Line due to flooding
- Rt 32 north and south at Brownsville Rd is closed in both directions in the town of Ganesvoort
- closed to traffic, flooding on NY 406 in both directions from Western Turnpike; US 20 to Guilderland Avenue
- closed to traffic on NY 443 from Albany; Schoharie County Line to Delaware Turnpike; NY 85 due to flooding
- NY 5 closed in both directions at Western Gateway Bridge; Village of Scotia City of Schenectady Line due to flooding
- closed to traffic, flooding on NY 50 in both directions at CR 911F; Freemans Bridge Road
- closed to traffic on NY 5S from NY 162 Bridge over NY 5S; Hamlet of Sprakers to CR 105; Currytown Road
- closed to traffic on NY 67 from Town of Amsterdam; Town of Mohawk Line to CR 38; McDonald Drive due to flooding
- closed to traffic on NY 7 from Town of Schoharie; Town of Cobleskill Line to Town of Esperance; Town of Schoharie Line due to flooding
- closed to traffic on NY 7 in both directions from Collar City Bridge; Albany-Rensselaer County Line to Vermont State Line due to floodingclosed to traffic, fallen trees on NY 7 in both directions from Saint Davids Lane to Balltown Road; NY 146
- Route 81 Closed from Route 145 to Arnold Rd in the Town of Rensselaerville due to Flooding
- Rt 85 East and West closed over the Onesquethaw Creek in the town of New Scotland due to flooding.
- closed to traffic on US 20 from NY 30A to Albany-Schenectady County Line due to flooding
- closed to traffic, flooding on US 20 in both directions at NY 66
If you know of any other closures or problems feel free to let us know.