Deep-fried Cheese-Stuffed Doritos
Doritos is like the nectar of the Gods for most guys (and gals), but how can you make it better?
Well, Taco Bell stepped up their game with the Doritos line of taco shells that have since gone on to sell millions upon millions. Now, the nacho cheese giant has teamed up with 7-Eleven for an even cheesier creation – Deep-fried, Cheese Stuffed Doritos.
Think about it; essentially we’re talking a mozzarella stick coated in Doritos instead of breading.
Sounds delicious and looks good too, as seen below.
— Kevin Cobb (@ohmykevin) February 10, 2014
Only problem, you can get these at select 7-Eleven locations and it’s not like there are any locations in the Albany/Capitol Region. Thankfully FoodBeast.com released a video that shows you how to make these amazing treats at home!
Watch the video and find the ingredients there after. Give it a try this weekend and let’s us know your thoughts
- 2 pounds medium cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Doritos Nacho Cheese chips
- 1 1/2 cups Doritos Spicy Nacho Cheese chips
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 quart vegetable, peanut, or canola oil
- Slice cheese into 1/2-inch-thick squares, and then slice each square on the diagonal to make 2 triangles.
- To a food processor, add both Doritos flavors, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder, and pulse until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- In a separate, shallow bowl, beat eggs until whites and yolks are well combined. In a third shallow bowl, add flour. Set up a coating station: Set up cheese triangles to the farthest left-hand side, followed by flour bowl, followed by egg wash, followed by Doritos. Finally, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and set on the farthest right-hand side.
- Take each triangle of cheese, and coat in flour. Quickly dip into the egg wash, and then coat thoroughly in the Doritos crumbs. Lay onto a cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining triangles. Freeze the Doritos-coated cheese triangles for at least 3 hours before frying.
- When ready to serve, heat oil in a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven or electric deep fryer to 350°F. Working in batches, fry the cheese-stuffed Doritos for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the outside is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the triangles from the oil with a slotted spoon, and place them on paper towels to drain. Serve immediately.