In 2009, Herbert and Catherine Schaible lost their 2-year-old son, Kent, to bacterial pneumonia—a condition they refused to let a doctor treat, insisting on using only prayer to heal him. Last week, their second son died. He, too, failed to receive any potentially life-saving medical care.
The second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing has been captured. Dzokhar Tsarnaev was taken into police custody Friday night -- five days after the bombing that left three dead and left more than 100 injured, police said. The 19-year-old was apprehended after a manhunt that began Thursday night with the fatal shooting of an MIT officer and extended into the evening hours on Friday.
Special Agent Rick DesLauriers of the FBI, who is leading the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombings, just held a press conference in which he revealed that there are two suspects. The FBI released photographs and video of two men believed to be responsible for the attacks.
We're still two months away from the official start of summer, but we have our first "summer blockbuster"-type film opening this weekend, along with a smaller, darker crime picture with an absurdly good-looking cast.
After days of combing through huge amounts of photographic and video evidence of Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon, authorities have two clear video images of suspects that they plan to release to the public Thursday afternoon.
12:45 p.m. (EST): FBI spokesman Paul Bresson has confirmed that the substance found in the letter to the president was ricin.
The Secret Service says that a letter containing a suspicious substance and addressed to President Obama was received on Tuesday at a White House mail facility. This comes just after a letter sent to Senator Roger Wicker (R.-Miss.) was found to contain the poison ricin.
Yesterday's twin bombings at the Boston Marathon dominated the front pages of newspapers everywhere. We gathered a few from the Newseum for you to take a look at how various publications across the country shared the story.
9 p.m. (EST): The final press conference of the day with Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis and various other officials just concluded. The FBI is now leading investigations of the events. Davis confirmed that three people were killed in today's blasts.
CNN is reporting that one of the victims killed was an 8-year-old boy. The Wall Street Journal had reported that as many as five other unexploded devices were found around Boston, but investigators now doubt that they were actually bombs.
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.
Welcome back to Rock-A-Holics
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://q103albany.com using your original account information.