Albany/Schenectady/Troy In The Top 20 Most Educated Cities In America
Looks like we have got the book smarts going on here in the Capital Region!
In a recent study conducted by the good folks over at WalletHub, 150 of America's most metropolitan cities were compared in an attempt to figure out which ones had the most educated individuals living and working within them.
As it turns out, the Capital Region (a.k.a. Albany/Schenectady/Troy) is coming in strong on the list, breaking into the top-20 over some major cities not only in New York state but in the entire country! Check out our ranking as well as the rest of the cities in the map below below (all you have to do is click or hover over a circle and it will show you the rankings).
According to Albany.com, WalletHub based it's findings on the percentage of adults aged 25 or older with at least:
- a high school diploma
- some college experience, or an associate's degree
- a bachelor's degree
- a graduate or professional degree
As well as the quality of education and attainment gaps in areas such as:
- Public school system ranking
- Average quality of universities
- Number of enrolled students in top 200 universities per capita
- Racial gap in educational attainment
- Gender gap in educational attainment
If you would like to get all the particulars on the study you can find them HERE.